Thursday, March 13, 2008

What's your style?


Now don't call the Scrapbook Police on me, but for a while I was really getting bored with scrapbooking. (I'll wait a moment for you to recover.) I just felt like my pages were all kind of the same. I use 2 or 3 pieces of patterned paper, 3 or 5 embellishments, a title and some journaling. It all just felt blah. I would see all these pages that were a wonderful hodge podge of stuff and think "Why don't I do that?". I tried a few times, but just didn't like it. Don't get me wrong, I like it just fine when other people do it, just not when it do it. Well like I said, I was bored. So for a while I just didn't scrapbook unless I was hanging out with my friends or I had a DT assignment. Even then I didn't do much. Then one day a few weeks ago I was going through my books and reorganizing. Right then I realized that's my style. I am clean lines with a few embellies. That's it. Even when I use of embellies or a lot of patterned paper, I put them into a definite pattern or shape. You know what? That's ok because that is what I like. I started scrapbooking again and embraced what I now know is my style. I'll still try new things and maybe over time my style will evolve into something else. But for right now I am clean lines with a few embellies and that's ok.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great layout and sometimes I think I will not scrapbook and then I get in there and scrap and the passion is immediate! It's just plain fun. Your layouts are not boring and embracing your own style is awesome!

Anonymous said...

And I love your style!